Sunday, August 22, 2010

First days...

It's my son's first day of second grade tomorrow. It's kind of exciting. During worship tonight, he expressed his excited anticipation, and nervouseness about starting second grade. I was about to blow it off as whatever, things will be fine....then I remembered...This is a big deal! Well, in his world it is.
It's amazing how much I've forgotten about being young. I remember, I used to be soo excited; as I got older, excitement was replaced with nervousness so bad, I go nauseous. First days are such a big deal...

I remember last year, and the year before...he's growing up soo fast. I look at him, and reflect on how much older he looks... I guess, when they are babies, you forget they are babies, untill they get older. I think its the unfortunate plight of older (and only) children. They're often expected to act so much more 'grown up' than they really are....and I am guilty of treating my son as a little adult, and neglecting the fact that he was just a baby...

This year will be so much different for him. He's got glasses now, and reads better. I'm hoping his world contains much happiness for him this year. He's made some friends, and seems to be settling into life as an older brother.

I'm so excited for him. I hope I can sleep tonight..... :)

1 comment:

  1. So great to watch each milestone for them....we love the first day of school here at our house!!

    :) Heather

    ReplyDelete