Sunday, July 18, 2010

So I was thinking...

So many things have happened to me this past year. Nothing terribly unusual in the life of the human female, but nonetheless, the expiriences threw me into a whirlwild of emotional ups and downs that resulted in feeling waves of symptoms possibly most closely associated with minor depresssion.
To combat my waves, I've decided to start a blog; writing about nothings surely must help navigate the onslaught of somethings being thrown at me daily.

For starters, an introduction:
I am a "just thirty" female, married (2nd marriage) to a great guy, two wonderful adorable kids, one crazy, cool dog, and a job that is...well...a job. I have a Bachelor's degree in Social Work that has led me...nowhere, and a mind that desires to go...everywhere.

Introduction thus comptleted, I suppose I shall blog about my current interest: Crocheting.
So far, I've completed...Hats.
But, it is quite an accomplishment to someone who has never really crocheted anything before. I've done 3 or 4 hats, and now am starting on a stellar scarf. If it finishes out well...well then, some family members will be getting scarves for christmas.

but stylish ones. :)

I do love crocheting; I find it theraputic. It makes me happy. I'm working my way up to more complicated patterns, but I'm finding that usually, if the patterns are well explained, it is not complicated...just very specific.
And repetitive.

Thus concludes my current thoughts on...crocheting.

Well, now, I have just realized what time it is, and I need to get breakfast done.

I love sunday morning breakfasts. :)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog land lady!

    I started blogging in winter of 2007 for the very same reason (minor depression) and surprisingly enough it is helpful!

    I hope to get to "know you" better this way as well..and I'm sure you will meet many this way that share some of your same experiences it's a very cool thing!
    Now post pix of your creations so I can also be inspired!

    It's brunch time here and well I'm hungry now for some reason ;)

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there lady,
    I always wanted to crochet as I ADORE crafting but, those in my family that know how always got frustrated trying to teach me. I am left handed and they sadly are not so teaching me felt backward to them and myself. It got frustrating for both parties so it never happened. Welcome to the blogosphere....come check out my blog (My Daily Walk) and you should stop by Miss Dawnity's too (P.S. He Loves You), I love reading her blog!! I hope to learn all about your random mind this way. I have major depression: my walk with God, the crafting, time spent with my girlfriends, and my sweet family are all great helps to me.

    Hugs,
    :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the dog is something else, the crocheting is good and the place to express yourself -- well awesome.

    ReplyDelete