Monday, July 19, 2010

Its late evening....

...and I once again am blogging.

I've recently become a Christian Radio Podcast junkie. I love Christian radio, and love the fact that most of the shows come in podcast form so I can download them and listen later. They've provided lots of support in my reading and studying. Living a biblically correct life has become an obsession; constant searching, reading, praying, (and listening to podcasts) has occupied my free time. I am not bored, but rather, intrigued by the challenge.

I wonder: is it possible to be all the Bible calls for a woman to be in this day and age?

I belive it is, but only by the grace of God.

Part of the "coolness" of my husband is that he desires to be the kind of man he feels the Bible calls men to be. It is very much a challenge (and struggle) for him as well.

One part of what God (through the Bible) calls us to do is to practice submission; him to God, me to him... and man, that's where most of our problems start! Its also, as I have been learning, one of the most important areas in developing a God centered family life -- submission.

I've also found, as a woman, it is also the most spoken against, anger stimulating part of our society. We, as women, have "fought so long against having to submit to anyone...." and yet, the Bible calls us to "submit to our husbands".

It's amazing how, when you talk to your friends and family, and tell them you want to live a God centered life and follow what the Bible says about how our family should be structured, and conduct itself, they are fully supportive.

Then you tell them "...so, in beliving the Bible is God's word and instruction for our lives, I've decided to do as it asks, and submit to the authority of my husband for that is what God wills..." they all of a sudden think you've gone bonkers, and you are dooming your and your children's lives to Hades.

Is this confusion? Double standards? Misunderstanding of what the Bible means?

...Or is it the uncovering of mans sinful nature, and unwillingness of man to accept Gods plans?

Whatever it is, I choose to do as I see God calls me to do, for I call myself a Christian.... and doing thus, obeying God is my duty.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this post!!!! I am finding submission easier after doing the For Women Only study. In finding for the first time some real understanding of our men and how they work I see submission in a whole new way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree when we trust and know we are loved then we can submit wholly and fully. I struggle with this but I see the results as I do it.

    ReplyDelete